Provide Basic Emergency Life Support – HLTAID002
This course includes the CPR refresher component (HLTAID001)
This course is for those people wishing to acquire skills and knowledge to perform emergency first aid in the first few minutes after a life threatening incident.
The course follows the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines.
Statement of Attainment
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Legal issues and recording of events
- Introduction to first aid
- Efficient assessment decision making & referral
- Calling an ambulance
- Unconsciousness & priorities of first aid – DRSABCD
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Asthma & airway obstruction
- Management of internal bleeding & shock